Wednesdays are always hard days for me. There’s something about them being smack dab in the middle of the week that I dislike them more than Mondays. I always try to make them a bit more relaxing than other days in order to keep me going until the end of the week. So here are five things to do today that can help you feel refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the week.
- Take time away from the screen. This is a really hard thing for a lot of people to do, especially if you have a computer/internet related job like I do. But getting away from screens for even just an hour can really help reset your focus.
- Put on some makeup. Not only is it great to have a little “me” time and take it slow putting on some makeup, there’s always something so confident-boosting about the whole process. My motto is “stressed, but well dressed” and makeup definitely makes that a truth.
- Organize something or clean up a space you spend a lot of time in. Having a clean living area can really boost your mood. Nothing is worse than coming home to a stack of dirty dishes or a kitchen table you can’t see under bills.
- Learn something new about a topic you’re interested in. Lately Alex and I have been watching a lot of design videos and learning more about the software we use on a daily basis. Learning new things just feels good.
- Make a list and get back on track for the rest of the week. I always tend to drift by Wednesday and a to do list makes it that much easier to focus and remember what I wanted to accomplish.