Take it from someone who much rather be binge watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix for the thousandth time rather than working, being productive can be difficult. I find Wednesdays to be the worst of all the days of the week for a lack of productivity, so here are a few tips and tricks to really get the productive juices flowing.
- Keep the to do list concise and not too long. One of the biggest pitfalls to productivity is trying to tackle too much in a day. Pick the top 3-5 things you want to accomplish that day and stick to those. That way you aren’t feeling overwhelmed by a never ending to do list and can actually check things off rather than giving up and pushing everything to tomorrow.
- Give yourself breaks to recharge and refocus. I was definitely a strong believer in work till the project is done, but you’ll burn yourself out if you don’t take a break a couple of times a day. Plus you gotta eat right?
- Assign designated social media time so you don’t fall into the Facebook vortex. Is anything really happening on there anyway? Besides the Helloigan group that’s always poppin’, I find myself just staring at Facebook and realizing every single time that there’s literally nothing exciting going on. So give yourself certain times during the day to endlessly scroll through Instagram, but don’t let it eat up precious work time.
- Find out what time of day you work best and use it for all it’s worth. I find that I work best between nine and noon so I use that time to do all of the things I much rather not do, so the easier tasks are left for the afternoon when I’m sluggish.
- Look for productivity inspiration in things like this post or on social media. That way when you’re taking that much needed break or winding down on Instagram before bed, you’re interacting with people or content that sparks creativity and inspiration. I follow a lot of people that are constantly motivating me to do better work and it definitely helps get me out of bed in the morning.
- Love what you’re doing and then you won’t feel like it’s work. I have never been more productive than I have working with Oh, Hello. I enjoyed my desk job prior, but I still found myself not being as productive as I am doing something I’m incredibly passionate about. If you just can’t seem to find the motivation to get anything done, maybe it’s because you don’t want to be doing what you’re doing at all…
What are your tips and tricks to being more productive?